Retail Banking Associate
The Retail Banking Associate will generate leads, build new and maintain existing customer relationships, resulting in outcomes that define great customer experience. This position will require a thorough understanding of the customer’s transaction requirements and should have experience and training in identifying cross-sell opportunities.
This role will support the Branch Supervisor/Manager in attaining branch goals and maintaining a customer-driven sales and service environment.
- In the absence of the Branch Supervisor/Manager, assist with the supervision of daily operations.
- Manages functions related to branch operations and teller functions. Keeps Branch Manager informed of key issues or problems at all times.
- Ensures branch staff provides prompt, efficient and friendly service to customers ensuring that customer transactions are handled timely and accurately according to guidelines and operating compliance.
- Performs sales and customer service duties when necessary to ensure prompt, efficient service to customers.
- Maintains a current understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance issues.
- 3+ years experience in retail banking as either a Head Teller, Customer Service Representative or Relationship Banker
- Strong knowledge of daily branch operations and banking practices
- Experience with opening new accounts and ability to demonstrate cross-sell capabilities
- Understanding of personal loans, small business loans, residential lending products and time deposits
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Bank Teller- Floater
Bergen County, NJ
To provide friendly and professional customer service while processing customer transactions accurately and efficiently. The person would need to be able to “Float” amongst our 6 Bergen County branches as needed.
- Accurately process deposits, withdrawals, and payments.
- Cross-sell/cash traveler’s checks, money orders, bonds, or cashier’s checks
- Accounts research on the bank system, place holds on accounts, transfer funds online and process miscellaneous items.
- Balance cash drawer daily, accurately and efficiently
- Understand bank products and respond appropriately to customer inquiries regarding products; refer to the platform as appropriate
- Understand Retail Banking policies and procedures for position and ensure compliance
- Providing superior customer service by exhibiting a friendly and professional demeanor at all times; Answer telephone in a professional manner.
- Accept assignments as required to maintain adequate staffing levels throughout branch system.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Banking experience preferred; other related retail, sales or cash handling experience required.
- Proven customer service ability
- Strong math aptitude
- Strong basic computer skills
- Good communications skills
- Ability to perform job functions accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Ability to maintain confidential customer and Bank information in a responsible and secure manner
JOB TYPE: Full-time
If interested in joining our team, please forward your resume to email@example.com
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Mariner’s Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.