Sr. Credit Analyst
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for analyzing credit quality and assessing the credit risk of commercial and real estate loans for new and existing customers.
- Analyze current and proposed property and/or business operating statements and/or tax returns and have a complete understanding of cash flow reports, financial ratios, trends, etc.
- Analyze personal financial statements and tax returns and be proficient in K-1 and cash flow analysis.
- Identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow, the property’s ability to cover debt service and the ability of the client/guarantor to support the property.
- Underwrite real estate and or C&I credit narratives for new loans as well as for renewals, modifications and short-term extensions.
- Order appraisals, flood searches, and credit reports.
- Must be able to understand and review real estate documents to determine any potential issues and concerns.
- Responsible for independently underwriting all credit requests for new applicants and existing obligors.
- Monitor borrower compliance with approved terms, portfolio management, and assist in the administration of credit relationships.
- Provide post-funding analytical and monitoring support of credit relationships and portfolio maintenance including completion of annual reviews
- Maintain log listing of declined, withdrawn, and HMDA loans.
- AS or BS degree with a major in Business or Accounting
- Three to five years of experience required.
Vice President & Controller
POSITION SUMMARY: The controller position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements, annual audits, and budgets.
- Prepare various regulatory reports including Call Report, FR2900, FRY 8, FR Y9 SP, etc.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure. Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Bank’s value.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA in Science and Accounting
- CPA degree preferred
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts fixed assets, payroll, income tax.
- Prior Bank Accounting preferred.
- Spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
If interested in joining our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Mariner’s Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.