Join Our Team
Compliance Officer (AVP or VP)
CRA Officer, Reg “O” Officer, Privacy Officer
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for legislative affairs, policy development and legal compliance for the Bank.
- Works with Department Managers, Senior Management and the Board to oversee institution’s compliance with various state, federal, and local laws and regulations.
- Assure policies are accurate, current and in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Coordinate the implementation of all new regulations, review and update policies as laws change.
- Develop and maintain all necessary records to maintain and document institution compliance.
- Work with compliance firm/ auditors and perform intermittent testing of the institution’s internal controls and compliance and make changes as a result to ensure all industry standards, rules, laws, and regulations are properly adhered to.
- Assist Executive Management in communicating current state of legislative issues to Management and Board recommending the Bank's position.
- Work with all staff to address possible compliance issues, to correct areas of non-compliance, and to stay ahead of new compliance laws and requirements.
- Conduct regulatory and compliance training. Develop and update compliance issues in manuals, as needed. Develop/modify forms and contracts used in operations.
- Work with Department Heads to interpret and disseminate information on regulatory matters.
- Attend educational seminars to learn and implement protocol to deal new and changing laws and regulations, and stay on top of pending legislations that may affect intuition.
- Provide Lender, Branch Manager and Officer CRA Training.
- Review and Approve Lender CRA worksheets categorizing every loan for CRA.
- Review Branch Manager Community Development Services.
- Maintain CRA Logs for Community Development Loans, Small Business Loans, Community Development Services, and Community Development Donations.
- Work with Senior Executives to Review Assessment Area annually and recommend revision to the Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Compare Mariner’s CRA data with comparable institutions to ensure CRA Program Lending and Community Development are adequate.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regulatory Reporting
- Management Reporting
- Other duties as may be assigned.
The statements contained in this job description describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person accepting this role. “Secondary Duties and Responsibilities” are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of the job. This job description does not state or imply the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this job. Employees holding this job will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent education or experience.
- Ability to interpret regulations and laws and disseminate information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal, written and public speaking skills and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of regulations within the banking industry.
- Strong word processing skills.
Loan Operations Specialist
Provides operational support for all of the banks business lending lines. Ability to manage any related processes assigned to the department accurately and ensuring scheduled timelines are met.Typical duties will include payment and new loan setup processing, assisting with problem resolution, preparation of loan reports related to duties and projects assigned, handling loan customer inquiries and assist in creating and maintaining departmental procedures.
- 3 years in the loan servicing or processing area
- Knowledge of common banking practices
Retail Banking Representative
The Universal Banker will generate leads, build new and maintain existing customer relationships, resulting in outcomes that define great customer experience. This position will require a thorough understanding of the customer’s transaction requirements and should have experience and training in identifying cross sell opportunities.
This role will support the Branch Supervisor in attaining branch goals and maintaining a customer-driven sales and service environment.
- In the absence of the Branch Supervisor, assist with the supervision of daily operations.
- Manages functions related to branch operations and teller functions. Keeps Branch Manager informed of key issues or problems at all times.
- Ensures branch staff provides prompt, efficient and friendly service to customers ensuring that customer transactions are handled timely and accurately according to guidelines and operating compliance.
- Performs sales and customer service duties when necessary to ensure prompt, efficient service to customers.
- Maintains a current understanding of stated procedures and policies, including regulatory compliance issues.
- 3+ years’ experience in retail banking as either a Head Teller, Customer Service Representative or Relationship Banker.
- Strong knowledge of daily branch operations and banking practices
- Experience with opening new accounts and ability to demonstrate cross-sell capabilities
- Understanding of personal loans, small business loans, residential lending products and time deposits
If interested in joining our team, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Mariner's Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.